Philadelphia Neighborhoods–Temple University Summer 2016
This was Temple’s journalism capstone course, and I (and my partner) produced 14 weeks’ worth of work in 6 weeks.
Multimedia Storytelling–Temple University Fall 2015
By curating content and sources through social media, I produced story packages for the web.
Fourteenth Street Magazine
I contribute written submissions to Temple University’s student-run magazine.
Other Writing Samples
I strive to make my readers laugh, or to give them something to think about.
Other Work Experience
Server–Ann’s Choice/Erickson Living December ’08-present
Ann’s Choice is one of 18 Erickson Living communities. Home to more than 2,000 residents, Ann’s Choice is a 5-star community. Erickson Living is a national leader in senior housing, which provides independent and assisted living to retirees.
- I stay curious, because I want to know more than what a server needs to know; I communicate with the chefs to understand what happens behind-the-scenes.
- Through teaching myself and identifying problems, I gained a strong knowledge of the Point of Sales (POS) System.
- I train new employees, providing tips and techniques for efficiency.
- I can write for different sources.
- Journalism classes have taught me news writing, and my own interests as well as creative writing classes developed my magazine and editorial writing.
- I lead by suggesting ideas.
- With group projects, I am the one to say, “OK, let’s go.” I listen to other people’s ideas, and cooperate when tasks get assigned.
- I assist others in resolving differences, by listening and lending advice.
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, July 2016–Temple University, Philadelphia, Pa.
American Poolplayers Association (APA 9-ball)
I do not put references’ contact information on my website, but I can provide them in an email or non-digital resume.